May 10, 2011

I am not a “ Japanese ” girl anymore

There is some hair salons here, but there is no Japanese style hair salon what we call "Biyooin" in Japanese. Of coursI miss it very much, now my hair is very messy and I am not a “ Japanese ” girl anymore.

I hardly used elastic hair bands when I was in Japan. I used a curling iron or  blow drying on my hair.

In Marshall, it’s always windy so hair becomes naturally messy. So I have to tie up my hair but I don’t like it.
Since I arrived here, my lifestyle has changed a lot because the Marshallese life style forces me to do so.

As I have come to know about life in the southern islands, it has been more difficult from what I originally thought it would be. There is a shortage of  water, no electric power, and the sun is bright. But they live on this islands...

No comments:

Post a Comment